mercoledì 23 ottobre 2013

Wander-lust. Joyes of travelling.

Hey you,

I can tell, in 2012 I have been to 9 different countries.
Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Portugal, UK, Spain, Italy and...Vatican if you like to call it country.
I had basically no money, stayed at friend's places, or 8€ per night hostels, had endless rides on cheap night trains or 20 € flights. (And I don't even eat that much...)
I spoke languages I knew, and had a shot at speaking Portuguese and Czech. I was kind of ridicolous but it felt great and made people smile.

Is there anything better than travelling? Is there something that makes you feel so alive, like the way you feel when you're talking to someone from some hundred-tousend-miles away countries as if they were close friends of yours, learning a local language, counting local money, facing a local dish you have no idea what is in, walking alone getting lost in the city with a map in your hand having no clue if the place where you are at is in the map, listening the voice in the metro calling the next stop in a whole different way that you thought? Not for me.
Oh, that was the best year ever. :')

And you, what feelings make your travel best? What gives you the joy of travelling?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento